Strike a Pose
Ready to strike a pose? How to look instantly slimmer/elegant when posing for a photograph
A few very simple styling tips to improve your posture and ultimately your self-confidence when posing for photographs. Try this for yourself in front of a full -length mirror at home – I’m sure you’ll see the difference!
1. Avoid facing straight towards the camera. Arms behind your back will push out your stomach – oh no!
2. Sinking towards one side will reduce the appearance of your height. Arms/hands look awkward
3. Turn body slightly to one side angled towards the camera. Imagine you’re standing on a large clock – position and your feet at the 10 to 2 position. Place all your weight onto your back foot. Front foot is angled slightly towards the camera. Stand upright. Relax your arms by your side with palms facing down. Now your body and legs appear slimmer!
4. By placing hands on your hips will create space between your waist and elbow giving you a much slimmer outline to your waist and upper arm.
5. Alternatively, slightly bend knee of your front leg to create the appearance of an hourglass figure
6. Another option, cross one foot across the other – but be careful you don’t fall over!
Taking a photograph? Obviously, this technique is much easier if you have someone else to take a photo for you. But it’s easy to take a selfie photo if you have a smart phone/ipad. Why not use the self-timer facility on the camera? By using this method your phone doesn’t appear in the photograph. This is a great feature that allows you to set a countdown timer before a picture is snapped. Support your phone using books on a table, for example, and step back for the photograph! All the photographs above were selfie shots taken by using the timer facility on a mobile phone camera.
Tip: A long, thin scarf will also create the illusion of a taller, slimmer figure!
Beautiful scarves/sarongs are available to purchase in a variety of colours/textures to harmonise with your seasonal colours. Visit: Online Colour Shop for colour co-ordinatd scarves which are all grouped according to season category.
More styling tips are posted on the Facebook page please like & FOLLOW HERE
Can’t find clothes in your colour?
Visit Kettlewell Colours who work closely with image consultations to produce a gorgeous range of clothing in colours across the whole spectrum to ensure that there is something to suit every season lady! What a brilliant idea…. a small symbol is written next to each garment to help you select colours from your seasonal category i.e. Winter, Summer, Spring, Autumn.
View the website www.kettlewellcolours.co.uk to see the full range. Items available to purchase by mail order
Colour & Style Privilege Customer Offer:
5% discount & Free Postage & Returns to UK addresses (only available on orders placed through Colour & Style) Discount also applies to sale items. To place your order please contact us with details of your requirements. Items will be delivered direct to your home address but should you find any item unsuitable, you can return by post using a freepost label.
Know your colours, but are you wearing the right styles for your body shape and figure proportions?
Give yourself a little more style!
Style Analysis can be undertaken even without a face-to-face consultation MORE DETAILS